Basic reasons for starting psychotherapy:
- The intense sense of unsatisfied.paintsplashsmaller_new_new
- Feelings of loneliness, sadness, failure, stress and intensity.
- Low self-confidence.
- Intense phobias for the present and the future.
- The internal need for self-knowledge and improvement of yourself.
- The sense of existential emptiness.
- Search for meaning in life.
- The inexplicable lassitude, or the insomnia.
- Communication difficulties in marital, familial, labour and interpersonal relations.
- Intense fluctuations of bodily weight that can be connected with eating disorders (anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, obesity).
- shapeimageDifficulty in planning and realization of objectives.
- Panic attack.
- Intense negative thoughts.
- Problems connected with drug or alcohol use.
- Difficulties in anger control (violence and aggressiveness).
- Sexual problems and concerns.
- Problems connected with child's attitude and/or his progress at school.
- Intensity and stress in the family due to the difficulty of members to face the existence of chronic diseases (AIDS/HIV, heart disease, sterility, diabetes, cancer etc).
- Adaptation problems at school, at work (difficulties with collaborators, decreased output, etc.) and more generally in all kinds of changes that happen in life.
- Problems because of abuse (physical, emotional and/or sexual).
- Frequent economic difficulties.
Individual Psychotherapy of Children and Adolescents
In certain cases individual psychotherapy is judged essential in order the child or the adolescent to be eased by sentiments of sadness and stress, to be able to process contrasting subjects that are occupying and facilitating his psychosentimental growth. The type of treatment is supporting psychotherapy psychoanalytical approach.
The frequency of the sessions is usually 1 time per week, same day and hour, and the duration of the session is 45-60 minutes.
Group Psychotherapy of Adults
Group psychotherapy is a deeply human experience, through which we discover ourselves, bring in the surface everything that we face in our everyday routine in the various social frames in which we move (family, professional etc) and in our personal relations.
Aim of team is, through the interaction of members and with the support of the therapist, to open the channels of communication with ourselves but also with the exterior world, so as to resolve the contrasting subjects in which are owed the various mental imbalances.
Through techniques of verbal and non-verbal communication, free and sincere expression of members is encouraged, in a frame of confidence and safety. The objective is the discovery of ways of relation management and event of behaviors so as to bring less dissatisfaction and more pleasure.
The coordinator does not determine the subjects that are discussed in the team of self-knowledge, but they emerge spontaneously from him and his members.
The individuals that participate in the team realize that other persons that feel similar feelings with them also exist, and finally they feel alleviation because they realize that they are not alone and helpless with the problem that they're dealing with.
The team can constitute an important source of meaningfulness, support and strength in difficult periods at which some members suffer from intense stress and sentimental impasse.
The feedback an individual can get in the team from the reactions and the correspondence of rests of the members in the matters that usually "come up" in the therapeutic process can help him realize certain dysfunctional attitudes, and/or repeated patterns in his behavior that can complicate his relations with others.
Also, the feedback of the team can help him change the way he perceives things, and/or it adopts a more creative and effective attitude toward the problems that he's dealing with.
In general, the team of self-knowledge can function as a live laboratory of experimentation, where the members can try with safety new attitudes, convictions and behaviors, before they apply them in their everyday routine, apart from the team.
Groups for Adolescents
"The adolescent resembles with a lobster the season that changes nutshell, he is exposed to the all dangers and has the need to manufacture a new nutshell" Frans Dolto
The objective of the team is the process of contrasting questions that make intensely their appearance at the very important period of "transformation of" a child into an adult. For the realisation of this objective, the team of adolescents creates a frame of confidence, safety and support, in which the adolescents can express themselves in subjects that emerge and occupy them, with least stress, guilt, shame.
Through the verbal and non-verbal expression, are given the stimuli so the adolescents acquire a more conscious contact, with their body, but also with the world of their sentiments.
Respect, acceptance, and exculpation, for all these, is the next step being taken.
At the same time in the team of adolescents is created a laboratory of treatment and deepening of interpersonal relations and techniques of communication (dynamics of team, relations with peers, family, school.)
The ambition of the team is the adolescents to acquire the base for the balanced layout of their identity during their maturation.
Translation : Tsirona Sophia